Further information related to this fact sheet: Asbestos and your health.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Asbestos in the home.
- Cancer and asbestos.
- Hazardous waste.
- Lung cancer.
- Workplace safety - hazardous substances.
Related information on other websites
Environment Protection Authority Victoria.
Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing Department of Health - Identifying asbestos in your home (pdf)
Department of Health – Environmental Health Unit
US Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
References used for this fact sheet
- Toxicological profile for asbestos, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Department of Health and Human Services, USA. More information here.
- Hazards on your property after a bushfire [online], Environmental Health Unit, Department of Health, Victorian Government. More information here.
- The transport and disposal of waste asbestos [online], Environment Protection Authority Victoria. EPA publication No.364 1. More information here.
- Asbestos in the home [online], Environmental Health Unit, Department of Health, Victorian Government. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.